Skip to main content

Movie: Alien Romulus

Yessss it's one that I ever waiting for, for this year movies in list of mine.

This year's movies and series, dramas including - just from any platform to say - cinema, Netflix, HBO, any. Just I like still, even if I can't watch it since I don't have the app but it's ok! For most importantly, I always love to watch ones will be in cinema. This year many waiting for Deadpool 3, but me? I just can't wait for my all time favourite, an icon of spaceworld creature and what creature out there, one and only symbol to itttt drumroll pleaseeeee "Alien: Romulus"...!

I've watched it already, with lil sister, we date for me time, girls time, last Friday. So let's get into it as I have thoughts on it, and not only this one, but for overall of the franchise.

Photo when me and lil sis about to enter the theatre.

It was exciting as we got our popcorn and a cup of ice lemon tea, less ice, large and we shared. We had breakfast before that so.. We kind of full but we're so excited for this one.

So let's break it. I'm going to start with Alien Romulus first. For the opening, the opening credits classic them, it shows the style of the piece by piece part of a letter and slowly become names and sorts - we can see from all Alien movies. The start, overall not slow to me. Like seriously to me it's not, like not at all. As for me introduction to the characters and character's background is needed for a story specially when it comes to new characters new faces - so, slow? It's just have to be, but to me it's not slow.

At the beginning, I was like "woah" for the visualization and it's already have in the beginning where the cinematography already showed for audience and it's something that I love ittt. So much that I was in amazed by how the visual works so good, I can feel the "space" - we on the space like that.. It's amazing to see, it's "alive".

I think I might slowly put things in here, but, I like how the choice of the actors and actresses. The fact that me and lil sis can agree that this time no "A-list" stars, accept Isabel Merced the only that I know (from The Last Of Us, upcoming new season) - make this one, I can say, success? As far as I'm aware and noticed, other Alien movies do have famous faces, which can be the reason people would want to go to cinema to watch, but this? This one leading as all actors and actresses delivering the moment, moods, energy, and feel. They put like the best for this iconic comeback and that's what I feel watching this one. It's delivered. And the best part is that the main character, Raine, actress Cailee Spaeny shows the powerful acting almost as the sci-fi icon Sigourney Weaver.

Each actors actresses shows the overwhelmed emotions really well such as fear specially, and else in the situation, and that's awesome to see from new faces (to me)..

For the vibe. Yessss this is something that I like to put in words. For Romulus, it's giving "horror"..! Yes yes, it is.. Both of us agreed that it was suspend with adrenalin rush, but make it like you running away from something else that it's not organisms - with the dark vibe, the music, the details of the space station that is so messy, with stuff scattered, the open hallway with abandoned lab's stuff, and character walking alone slowly in alert, it all giving the grudgy and sinister in the corner that can jump at anytime where I'm not ready for it. And yea this too give many moments that I was like about to ran out from my own seat! That panic, scary feelings just there and feels horror? This is Alien movie.....! Not a horror-ghost movie but yes, that's what I feel throughout. Crazy.

For overall, this Alien, Alien Romulus, I will watch again and again just like how I watch AVP 1 and 2, Prometheus, and Alien Covenant, and my most among all, Alien Resurrection.

After watching this one, there's few thing that come up in my mind as my opinion and thought. The thing and theme that I found out in Alien, from the first one to this one, Alien Romulus, it's always significant kind of theme - it's very "womenly". Alien franchise is very feminine, very female. From the first to the latest, the heroin, the lead, the survivor and the main focus in frame is always - woman. And it's not at the human characters, but to the Alien itself, and the characteristics of it that being shown throughout the franchise live. Such as - the reproduction of the alien character itself, from facehugger insertion to implanting the embryo, skip the part it burst out from ribcage to out of chest (damn this part always painful to watch..), to the never seen before part, how the baby alien grow to its big and black-silverish colour - which in Romulus shows, it become a cocoon like where, the cocoon looks like a womb at the same time like an opening - where like human baby come out, and that's showing how the grown, adult alien come out.. - and this part not showing in other Alien movies except in Alien Resurrections, part where the Queen Alien give birth to white, pale colour alien looked like a human.. In Romulus, this kind of scene do take part, where birth process is showing. Not to forget, lay eggs of facehugger spider-like throughout the franchise... And this clear to me to concluded that Alien movies is "female" - more to. 

And yea I hope they not change that. It's the original and it's great, it's cool.

For Alien Romulus, I give 9/10. It's just so good to me. And I don't find it disgusting like some might feels. It's just the theme and I love this movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Thoughts: Lately In Book Genres

More than one month I've been noticing that I caught up with self-improvement books. Or books that tells how to deal with people while improving oneself. My attention to these books too, makes me realise how much I'm into biography genre, or books that author tells their story in honesty and the truth about who or how they are in life. Or what they've been dealing with as a human.. It's, somehow, make me feel connected.. As I said. My current reading is "Overthinking Tapi Buat-buat OK" ( Overthinking But Acted OK ) by Aqilah Masri. Maybe like 3, 4 days now.. And yesterday, since it's almost 5am writing this, I went to a mall with lil sis. To which while eating for breakfast (although it was almost 1pm at the time), I saw Popular Bookstore. After had our breakfast, we both went to it. My aim really on books from IMAN Publication - to which I don't know why - but in mind just full with "self care and self connect with whatever (self's body and m

Some Thoughts: Midnight

I'm sleepy. But need to read few pages of any book or novel I bought, after long time not read any, since I was busy with my art stuff. Now, while writing this, Kiti the cat having her meal. I'm reading the forth book from Mortal Engines by Philip Reeves. I have 200 plus pages to go, and I started read it since 2018, if I'm not wrong. It's.. Well, long time right? The reason was I bought the book first, then later in 2020, I bought the second and third books. As the result, I decided to postpone with the fourth book, and read with timeline. I read the second and third, and managed to finished both around last year, 2022. Then started to continue with the fourth. And I plan to finish it before end of this year.. See if I can.

Book: Komedi Orang Minyak By Farahin W

This is the first book review and first "Book" section for this blog. Few books I did was on my old WordPress blog. Might move them all in here soon. Today, I finally finished my first book I got from PBAKL 2024, on 1st June, weeks ago. So... I just going to put this from a view of a blogger and someone who read. As an visual artist, I guess? Not a critique either (I'm not a fans with those that deliver it in a downgrading tone). And excuse my bad English, I know but just write? Anyway, let's. First of all, the author is a cool person. Funny at the same time. Believe me. And this is her first debut. And when I know about it, I said "I need to get this on my hand!". Komedi Orang Minyak by Farahin W, published under Rocky Press - this is actually my second book from the publisher. And Komedi Orang Minyak is a collective of short stories. Usually I'll be doing early review, but I think that's just suitable for a novel, which one book, one storyline, and