Skip to main content

Some Thoughts: Current Reading

Few months past already, and I realised I started to slow down with my books. All from last year and this year.

It's because I'm currently focusing more on my handmade accessories and boothing around KL. But still, I got myself couple of books recently and I started to notice, that there's books on pending - meaning, I already read but few pages only - and planning on to finish them all one by one. But I too noticed my taste on genres when come to this...


My latest book and currently reading, "Overthinking Tapi Buat-buat OK" (Overthinking But Acted OK) by Aqilah Masri, published by IMAN Publication - caught me up. But more, this book did make me feel like I've been called to it before I got it..

Else than this, my second last reading which is a novel, is KACAU (Disturb) by Ariff Adly, published by FIXI. And the list is ongoing for this year:-

1. AWAN by Syafiq Aizat, FIXI (Malaysia)
2. GHAIB by Uja Hamza, FIXI (Malaysia)
3. Menjadi Dewasa by Prasanti Widyasih Sarli, Infermia Publishing (Indonesia)




These books is my current reading, but pending.

While this happens, I too notice my interest genres when come to books. Totally different when come to me and movies, which I think I can go with any movie genres but for most - SciFi, dystopian, futuristic, alienatic, apocalyptic, fantasy, thriller, adventure, and horror. Else, actions. 

For book, I realised I'm more into fiction and self-improvement or biography, or something I can relate to myself..

For the time being, by Aqilah Masri's that I'll be focusing on. And after that, I think I'll be trying to get to all of that I started already. With my handmade accessories, making them take my time and somehow, my schedule with time is changed.. But as I don't want to pressure myself, I think slowly I'll be there and will finish all books that bought. Slowly, one by one, step by step, just like how my current reading talks about.. So far, the book is warm feeling, as I can relate to it.

Once finished, I'll be writing my thoughts on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Thoughts: Lately In Book Genres

More than one month I've been noticing that I caught up with self-improvement books. Or books that tells how to deal with people while improving oneself. My attention to these books too, makes me realise how much I'm into biography genre, or books that author tells their story in honesty and the truth about who or how they are in life. Or what they've been dealing with as a human.. It's, somehow, make me feel connected.. As I said. My current reading is "Overthinking Tapi Buat-buat OK" ( Overthinking But Acted OK ) by Aqilah Masri. Maybe like 3, 4 days now.. And yesterday, since it's almost 5am writing this, I went to a mall with lil sis. To which while eating for breakfast (although it was almost 1pm at the time), I saw Popular Bookstore. After had our breakfast, we both went to it. My aim really on books from IMAN Publication - to which I don't know why - but in mind just full with "self care and self connect with whatever (self's body and m

Some Thoughts: Midnight

I'm sleepy. But need to read few pages of any book or novel I bought, after long time not read any, since I was busy with my art stuff. Now, while writing this, Kiti the cat having her meal. I'm reading the forth book from Mortal Engines by Philip Reeves. I have 200 plus pages to go, and I started read it since 2018, if I'm not wrong. It's.. Well, long time right? The reason was I bought the book first, then later in 2020, I bought the second and third books. As the result, I decided to postpone with the fourth book, and read with timeline. I read the second and third, and managed to finished both around last year, 2022. Then started to continue with the fourth. And I plan to finish it before end of this year.. See if I can.

Book: Komedi Orang Minyak By Farahin W

This is the first book review and first "Book" section for this blog. Few books I did was on my old WordPress blog. Might move them all in here soon. Today, I finally finished my first book I got from PBAKL 2024, on 1st June, weeks ago. So... I just going to put this from a view of a blogger and someone who read. As an visual artist, I guess? Not a critique either (I'm not a fans with those that deliver it in a downgrading tone). And excuse my bad English, I know but just write? Anyway, let's. First of all, the author is a cool person. Funny at the same time. Believe me. And this is her first debut. And when I know about it, I said "I need to get this on my hand!". Komedi Orang Minyak by Farahin W, published under Rocky Press - this is actually my second book from the publisher. And Komedi Orang Minyak is a collective of short stories. Usually I'll be doing early review, but I think that's just suitable for a novel, which one book, one storyline, and