Skip to main content

Some Thoughts: Studio Corner

On April, I got down on something that happened at near end of March.



Excuse the mess. It's not a studio without some mess, isn't it?

As I'm taking my time, back off from my usual self, I just feel like, the need to moved on with what had happened. True is, it was hard one... I talked to a friend, and my lil sis. I don't know what happened but I started to feel much better. And it somehow gave me this kind of energy. Where I started to feel like, I need to do something with my studio corner. Which is, small. Really... But I think it's the best one.

I have this feeling. To be a charismatic artist kind. Well, trying. I still feel like I'm a small traditional artist, that still trying... Trying with my art. My style and my way. Since that's all I know when come to myself. Else, crafting. Yes, I made handmade accessories. Well, can't wait to get back to it, after July!

I decided to redo my studio, by setting up my "walls". A divider..? It's a panel by it's net like (?). Then I got myself few cardboards, plastic ones.. Just so I can cover it all. Because I wanted it to feel like a room. With the corner I choose......? Which there's high windows, I just needed it to be as I have in my mind. Since it's just a small corner and not so spacious, to make it a bit spacious, I decided to relocate all my stuff for my indoor plants. And added a couch. My plan was to have a 1 person couch from living room set, but I got for 2. Since big brother got a L couch from his friends.. So I feel like why not. And it was the toughest part of setting up my studio. It took time, I scrubbed it, washed it with not much amounts of water. Soap and brushes. And got back ache later... 2 days later, set the couch. With my bohemian blanket, and a patterned black and white pillow. More like a cushion? It's small.


With all set, I rearranged all my materials.

Mostly my pens. Marker pens, drawing colour pens, ballpoint pens with various of brand and size of nibs. Pencil colours, couple of brands. Paper with various of sizes. Used brushes and unused for most. I set new rack, for all of those materials. Couple of.. actually a dustbin, but with their size and design, I set all paper in it. Including my detailed illustrations. Ones that finish and ones that justtt abandoned... Maybe I'll get to them and finish it, any of day..

And when all set and done, I just had this feeling where, this is what I will be doing stuff. My artwork, commission, and reading - which new thing, that I found, maybe it's what I meant to do, should do, or involve with..? With my artwork, illustration to be part of author's works..? I still wonder, if it meant to be.. While that behind my mind, still new in the field, I just want to do things - drawing, reading, and writing blog, slowly. Feel no rush, like I used to, back when I was in visual art scene.. I want my studio corner to be cozy. With few lights, and few more stuff still need to be done, I think I'll get how I want my studio corner be. Not to forget, the brick wall - house wall, I hang my latest (I can say that) my A1 size drawing, from 2020.. I think I need to get an A2 panel boards and another A1. Just need it for my latest series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Thoughts: Lately In Book Genres

More than one month I've been noticing that I caught up with self-improvement books. Or books that tells how to deal with people while improving oneself. My attention to these books too, makes me realise how much I'm into biography genre, or books that author tells their story in honesty and the truth about who or how they are in life. Or what they've been dealing with as a human.. It's, somehow, make me feel connected.. As I said. My current reading is "Overthinking Tapi Buat-buat OK" ( Overthinking But Acted OK ) by Aqilah Masri. Maybe like 3, 4 days now.. And yesterday, since it's almost 5am writing this, I went to a mall with lil sis. To which while eating for breakfast (although it was almost 1pm at the time), I saw Popular Bookstore. After had our breakfast, we both went to it. My aim really on books from IMAN Publication - to which I don't know why - but in mind just full with "self care and self connect with whatever (self's body and m

Some Thoughts: Midnight

I'm sleepy. But need to read few pages of any book or novel I bought, after long time not read any, since I was busy with my art stuff. Now, while writing this, Kiti the cat having her meal. I'm reading the forth book from Mortal Engines by Philip Reeves. I have 200 plus pages to go, and I started read it since 2018, if I'm not wrong. It's.. Well, long time right? The reason was I bought the book first, then later in 2020, I bought the second and third books. As the result, I decided to postpone with the fourth book, and read with timeline. I read the second and third, and managed to finished both around last year, 2022. Then started to continue with the fourth. And I plan to finish it before end of this year.. See if I can.

Book: Komedi Orang Minyak By Farahin W

This is the first book review and first "Book" section for this blog. Few books I did was on my old WordPress blog. Might move them all in here soon. Today, I finally finished my first book I got from PBAKL 2024, on 1st June, weeks ago. So... I just going to put this from a view of a blogger and someone who read. As an visual artist, I guess? Not a critique either (I'm not a fans with those that deliver it in a downgrading tone). And excuse my bad English, I know but just write? Anyway, let's. First of all, the author is a cool person. Funny at the same time. Believe me. And this is her first debut. And when I know about it, I said "I need to get this on my hand!". Komedi Orang Minyak by Farahin W, published under Rocky Press - this is actually my second book from the publisher. And Komedi Orang Minyak is a collective of short stories. Usually I'll be doing early review, but I think that's just suitable for a novel, which one book, one storyline, and